Illumni Lighting Design Jobs: Technical Manager Position WE-EF Lighting, Australia
- Commercial Smarts and an Eye on the Future
- Global Lighting Powerhouse Melbourne Based
- Competitive Salary
We act for WE-EF LIGHTING who are a market leading global lighting powerhouse that are growing rapidly here in Australia.
As they continue to grow, the challenges to stay at the frontiers in their industry are complex. To continue to drive growth the business requires an experienced Technical Manager as an integral member of the senior management team with an eye on product quality, improved performance and delivery.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director this is a senior position that requires leadership of the technical team and their motivation to increase contribution to the business
- The Technical Manager will assume full responsibility for new product development to suit our local market as well as custom products to meet individual projects
- The Technical Manager will also be responsible for delivering products that are fit-for-manufacture to the manufacturing team, with Quality uppermost. This means responsibility for Bills of Materials, including component selection and quality
- As a performance-based business we see lighting design as a sales tool. The Technical Manager will lead the lighting design resource and ensure it adds to the sales process and identifies our products as performance leaders
- Quality is a driving passion in our business, the Technical Manager will have a lead role in the quest to eliminate non-conformance across the entire business
- The right candidate for the role is a passionate, motivated leader with an affinity for Lighting and an abundance of enthusiasm (and can do attitude)
- He or she will have a minimum of 10 years Lighting Industry experience and have a rock solid understanding of light sources and their function, in particular LEDs.
- A qualification in Electrical Engineering is considered a prerequisite.
- A strong understanding of local and International standards with regard to Lighting and Electrical equipment is essential.
- Experience in 3D modelling software and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills and instinctive problem solving talents.
High Street Partners have been retained exclusively for this position. Any enquiry placed with the company will be referred directly to them. When applying include a covering letter specifically covering the key criteria above and include a copy of your resume. Email to email@example.com